Faith & Mission
Our primary goal at Quaker Ridge Camp & Conference Center is to provide a place of excellence in facilities and environment where the gospel of Jesus Christ may be clearly and plainly taught in order to lead the lost to salvation, as well as to refresh the soul and mature the faith of the Christian believer.
Quaker Ridge Camp is a 501(c)(3) religious not-for-profit corporation. It was chartered in 1949 and is governed by the Rocky Mountain Yearly Meeting of the Friends Church.
Quaker Ridge Camp operates as a limited access, Protestant, non-Charismatic summer youth camp and year-round retreat and conference center for all ages. We maintain our faith-based community as an exercise of our Christian beliefs and as an expression of those beliefs to the larger community. We subscribe that all of the activities at Quaker Ridge Camp should express our beliefs and be rendered as a service to Christ. Our charter states that the camp will encourage and promote youth activities connected with local churches whose doctrinal position is compatible with the doctrinal statement of Quaker Ridge Camp & Conference Center.
Statement of Faith:
The doctrinal statement of Quaker Ridge Camp & Conference Center is as follows:
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that man then sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death (which is separation from God) and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind's sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that man must believe (trust, rely upon, put confidence) only in Him to be justified before God.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven, His present life there for us, and His High Priestly ministry as Advocate.
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe God has given every believer at least one spiritual gift for the purpose of building up the body of Christ; that is, the Church.
- We believe that a person, upon receiving salvation in Christ immediately receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit once and for all, and thereafter He indwells every believer eternally. And this same Spirit of God fills, guides, teaches, and enlightens Christians in their daily walk.
- We believe that Scriptures clearly state that such acts as homosexuality, adultery, sex outside of marriage, murder, stealing, lying, witchcraft, Satan and/or demon worship, fellowship with the occult, drug abuse, drunkenness, divisive behavior, and any other act specified by Scripture as immoral are condemned as improper behavior.